|Client||Konoike - Taisei JV |
|Supervising Engineer||Nippon Koei|
|Completion date||October 2007|
|Project Value||KES 2.2 Billion (US$ 33 Million) (US$ 0.5 Million Electrical works component)|
Construction of a 60MW (2 x 30MW) Power Station that involved a run-of-river scheme transferring the water of the Sondu River to Kano Plains through a headrace tunnel, penstock and power station to harness a water head of some 200 metres.
H. Young were responsible for the complete detailed design, supply, installation and commissioning of the Building Services for the PowerStation turbine hall, control building and Intake works.:
- Internal normal and emergency lighting of Powerhouse and ancillary buildings
- Small Power Installation and Distribution Boards.
- Fire Detection, Telephone and Data communication systems
- Earthing and Lightning Protection systems.
- Plumbing and Drainage including external reticulation and water treatment plants.
- Air-Conditioning and ventilation system for all the buildings in the PowerStation complex.