|Client||Mumias Sugar Co. Ltd.|
|Supervising Engineer||Bosch Projects (PTY) Ltd. RSA|
|Completion date||April 2007|
|Project Value||US$ 3.14 Million (US$ 1.4 Million - Electrical works component)|
A brown field project that increased the capacity of the process house.
H. Young were responsible for the complete detailed design, supply, installation and commissioning of the Electrical and Instrumentation for the Process Modernization which consisted of New Continuous Vacuum Pan, B & C Centrifugals, Sugar Dryer, Molasses and Massecuite pumps and various modifications in the plant.
The works included:
- 1600kVA 11/0.415kV transformer, 3.3kV Switchgear upgrade and cabling.
- 415V M.C.C. for all the equipment, pumps, conveyors, automatic valves and equipment. The M.C.C. consisted of 108 Starters with various types of starters such as Soft Starters and variable speed drives
- All Field Instrumentation and Junction boxes consisting of RF Density meters, Brix meters, temperature, flow, level and pressure transmitters
- All power, control and instrumentation cabling and cable ladder
- Earthing and Lightning protection of buildings and plant.
- Plant lighting and Small power.