|Client||Ministry of Roads & Public Works, Kenya|
|Supervising Engineer||Chief Engineer, Roads|
|Completion date||August 2009|
|Project Value||KES 1.843 BILLION (US$ 27.3 Million)|
The Project roads are approximately 52 km long in total and are located in Meru District, Eastern province primarily involved construction of a new road to bitumen standard.
The project road traversing through a terrain that is predominantly hilly in a rich agricultural hinterland which is heavily populated. The road crosses a swamp that was reclaimed.
Major works executed comprised mainly of:
- Construction of Earthworks - 1,594,000 m3
- Cement stabilized sub-base and base - 175,000 m3
- Provision of a double surface dressing using 14/20mm and 6/10mm pre-coated class 4 chippings for both the carriageway and shoulder - 16,000m3
- Construction of pipe culverts, bridges, box culverts and other drainage works.
- Protection works using stone pitching and gabions
- Provision of road furniture including road marking and traffic signs