|Client||Ministry of Roads & Public Works, Kenya|
|Supervising Engineer||Chief Engineer, Roads|
|Completion date||August 2009|
|Project Value||KES 1.803 BILLION (US$ 26.7 Million)|
The Project roads are approximately 50 km long in total and are located within the Kisii and Nyamira districts, Nyanza province primarily involved construction of a new road to bitumen standard.
The project road traversing through a terrain that is predominantly hilly consisted of three sections in a rich agricultural hinterland which is heavily populated. The road crosses 6 rivers.
Major works executed comprised mainly of:
- Construction of Earthworks - 756,550 m3
- Cement improved gravel for sub-base and base - 150,000 m3
- Provision of a double surface dressing using 14/20mm and 6/10mm pre-coated class 4 chippings for both the carriageway and shoulder - 8,550m3
- Construction of pipe culverts, small bridges, box culverts and other drainage works.
- Protection works using stone pitching and gabions
- Provision of road furniture including road marking and traffic signs