|Client||Mitsubishi Heavy Industries & Mitsubishi Corporation Joint Venture|
|Engineer||Mott Ewbank Preece, UK|
|Project Value||US$ 21.72 Million|
Construction of a 60MW (6 x 10MW) diesel power station in Mombasa.
Civil & Building works including 3 storied power station building, heavy duty foundations for the turbines generators and an office building.
Civil works undertaken included:
- Earthworks - 158,000m3
- Concrete works - 15,600m3
- Heavy duty concrete block paving for the access road - 24,000m2
- Other works: Supply and installation of structural steel works including
- Heavy duty Over Head Carnage.
- HDO Tanks (2 X 9,000m3)
- 8 No. tanks with total capacity of 24,000m3 of various media including fire water, raw water, potable water, oil and lubrication oils.
- Sewerage and drainage works also undertaken.
The project highlight was the construction of a 50 metre chimney for flew gases using the slip form technique.