|Client||Ministry of Roads & Public Works, Kenya|
|Supervising Engineer||Chief Engineer, Roads|
|Completion date||March 2007|
|Project Value||KES 684 MILLION (US$ 9.4 Million)|
The works were located along the existing Katitu-Kendu Bay (C19) Road. The length of the road was approximately 40 km and included a major box culvert with 3 cells. The works included scarifying the existing pavement layers and compacting to form sub grade material.
Major works executed comprised mainly of:
- Construction of Earthworks - 243,000 m3
- Provision of a 175mm thick cement stabilized sub base - 63,000 m3
- Provision of a 150mm thick cement stabilized base - 54,000 m3
- Application of double seal of 14/20mm and 6/10mm chippings
- Construction of pipe culverts, bridges, box culverts and other drainage works.
- Protection works using stone pitching and gabions
- Provision of road furniture including road marking and traffic signs